About the Author
Rebekah Lee Jenkins writes women’s fiction from the turn of the century.
Weaving rich historical details into her novels, she shines a spotlight on amazing women who stand up to bullying and oppression while maintaining their integrity. Her novels celebrate friendships between women from the turn of the century and just after the Great War, who banded together to uplift and protect other women.
Being a hairstylist for the past 25 years has given Rebekah a unique perspective into the lives of women!
Rebekah writes about a small town on the Canadian prairie (Souris which she writes as Oakland) which made her eligible to be the first first writer in residence at the Margaret Laurence home in 2018, she finished her second novel Hope in Oakland which has been retitled “A Court of Contempt” during that week.
My Favourite Things
Oh! I love my nieces and nephews. I love them so much I have written them into my books and there are messages in these books that are specific to them.
I love sunny days on sandbars in the river by my family farm. We spend lots of summer days in kayaks!
My favourite place on earth is my family farm I write as Bennett farm… I love the lilacs and crabapple trees, the sound of children playing, and the beauty of a prairie sunset. (We run a bed and breakfast here called rustic retreat. Come stay with us!)
I love travel! We recently went to Holbox, Mexico and as soon as restrictions lift we will be back there in a heart beat. I can’t get enough sea air and water… I think I am part fish.
I grew up in a farming family, my grandparents, aunts and uncles and parents all farmed together. My siblings and cousins were raised altogether in a fun clump! We didn’t have one set of parents, we had about six sets! We were raised to work hard, play hard, eat well, have a drink at happy hour, love each other and contribute to our community in the most positive ways possible. I wouldn’t trade my childhood for anything. As you read my books, the men and women working together for community is based on my life and family.
Books I Love
- Rilla of Ingleside by Lucy Maude Montgomery is my all time favourite book.
- Blue Castle by Lucy Maude Montgomery
- Light a Penny Candle by Maeve Binchy.
- Anything by Maeve Binchy!
- The Help by Katherine Stockett
5 Fun Facts
- I have been a hairstylist since I was 19 years old. I have heard absolutely everything. EVERYTHING.
- I love wine. All wine.
- I am currently a Jason Fung fanatic and using my weight loss journey as research for upcoming book “Sunshine in a Bottle”
- I wanted to be a human rights lawyer. Very badly. I didn’t get o realize that dream, so I wrote about a trailblazing lawyer instead!